Friday, January 16, 2015

Flat Cats

Please welcome the Flat Cats!  Three students in Mrs. Nira Jones's fifth grade gifted class created these traveling buddies for me.  I am so excited to have some little companions on my journey.  I'm so glad there are so many students and teachers at Fort Payne Middle School who are following this adventure!
Ella M., Ella F., and Emma G. created these Flat Cats.  I am so glad they were willing to get involved in this trip.

Here is what they said when their reading teacher, Ms. Dana Pendergrass asked them about their creations:


Ella M. writes:
I am very excited that Mrs. Woods will be journeying to Auschwitz in Poland for the teacher program, "Auschwitz: the Past is Present."  I made a flat wildcat to take on this journey with Mrs. Woods.  I hope my flat cat and the others can experience exciting things while gathering as much knowledge as possible.  I hope the flat wildcats and Mrs. Woods have an amazing experience to share with us.

Ella F. writes:
My friends and I are thrilled that Mrs. Woods will journey around the world to Auschwitz, Poland soon.  What an amazing first-hand experience this will be!  Since Mrs. Woods is the only FPMS teacher going on this trip, we wanted to make her a few traveling partners to tag along.  I hope my "flat cat" and the others gather tons of information and love every second of it.

Emma G. writes:
The Flat Cat Cheerleader
I was so excited when I heard Mrs. Woods was going to Auschwitz, Poland to participate in the 70th anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II.  I was happy to draw a "Flat Cat" cheerleader to accompany her on the trip.  I look forward to blogging with Mrs. Woods and learning what my "Flat Cat" will see and do while in Auschwitz, Poland.
I am so excited that Emma, Ella, Ella and I got to chat about the Flat Cats this morning.  These girls did a great job designing the cats for me.  


Here, the Flat Cats are getting ready for next week.  Cheerleader is learning how to use the new Chromebook I'll take on the trip.  Football Player is reviewing my lesson sheets for the sub to use.  PawPower is about to look through my travel notebook and sub notebook. 


Be on the lookout for the Flat Cats as I travel next week.  Students, I'll be showing you some important places, but I'll also be sure these travelers have a little fun, too!






8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the flat cats. How adorable! The girls did a fantastic job creating them! I am very excited for you to be going on this amazing journey. I know you're going to have an awesome time and I can't wait to see all the amazing pictures and hear about you're experience. I pray that you stay safe and have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea! The girls did an awesome job on the flat cats! I'm so excited for you.. I know this is right up your alley! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flat cats are a great idea! I know the girls had fun doing them! They are so cute! Can't wait to see what you'll be doing on this journey! Have a safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing idea! The girls did a great job and were very creative! I am so excited you get to go on this amazing journey and get to share it with us. I can't wait to see and hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! It is very creative! I am so excited for you to be going on this trip and I know you will have a great time! I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This idea amazes me! It is really sweet how these girls created the flat cats to travel with you. I'm so happy that you get to travel and see where history was made. I hope you have a very safe trip and congratulations for getting this amazing opportunity to go to Auschwitz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun and creative idea! These girls are very sweet for making the flat cats! They will have an awesome time! Can not wait to hear and see how the trip goes!

    ReplyDelete