Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's finally here!

Well, today is the day! What an exciting journey is about to begin. Here are a few scenes from my SURPRISE going away party at school.  I have some of the best coworkers and friends in the whole world.  I am very thankful to have their support and encouragement.





  My daughter, Katie Beth, told her kindergarten class a little about my trip.  Thanks to her amazing teacher, Jana Groghan, for these little gems!





Of course, Blake, my fourth grader, needed to make a video, too!



 I got some sweet hugs and kisses from those two crazy kids this morning, but I know they'll have a great time with their dad while I'm gone!




And, the bags are packed and we are on our way!!  I'm checking an extra bag because of an amazing project a local artist help me and a few great friends and students create.  I hope all if my companions will be pleased....  I'll be leaving the big blue suitcase behind and traveling lighter after the gifts are given!  (Thanks in advance, Emily Bengels, for helping me get these two bags through customs!)
I hope everyone enjoys their surprises!

Excited to have the Flat Cats with me.  They make me think of my school family, and I am so glad that three super sweet girls worked very hard so that I didn't have to travel alone!


So, I'm off to Huntsville for a 12:45 flight to Houston.
I leave Houston about 4:20 flight to Munich, Germany.
I leave Munich at 11:05 local time and arrive in Warsaw at 12:35p.m. local time, 
Or about 5:35a.m. Central time on Friday.

I appreciate your prayers and good thoughts as I start out on this trip of a lifetime!



2 comments:

  1. So excited to follow you this way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The interactive map of Mrs. Wood's journey is now on Edmodo and here: http://kidblog.org/Genetics2ndBlock2015/eb4812d1-6e35-4cf5-bd29-45d64e3f5776/where-in-the-world-is-mrs-woods/

    ReplyDelete